Just an update on a couple items that were up in the air - the hideous retro tub and the cork flooring options.
As of now and therefore a permanent fixture since they have drywalled around it - the tub and it's crazy design on the side stayed. I did everything I could to find a tub the same size that could serve as a replacement. Only they were all double the price. So I gave up. Then someone we know replaced their shower with a tub that was smaller than the drain requirement - thus providing us with a solution - getting a smaller, more standard, less "decorative" tub. The only problem - when I discovered this option I had only 24 hrs to get the old tub out and a new one in. The plumbers would charge a $100 pickup fee to do so, which at this point in the build $100 is pocket change and would be worth it. But time got the best of me and I wasn't able to deliver. Am I mad that no one - the plumber, the general contractor etc. couldn't lead me to a solution? Yes.
Now on to the cork flooring selection. We took all of the options to the house and it turned out that none of them looked good in mudroom with our bench and that a vinyl tile I had picked up at Lowe's looked quite nice. It also didn't look right in the downstairs bathroom. In the laundry room, which was our first choice for the cork anyhow, it looks great. We ended up getting the Madrid because we think it'll go best with the concrete countertops we plan on putting in there. I think it looks very utility like. Whatever that means.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment