Saturday, April 4, 2009

Garage Door Dilemma


So we decided to paint them the color of the trim. That's not the problem.

The problem is that they are the wrong doors!

I didn't even notice they weren't the ones we picked out. I also didn't notice when they sheetrocked over the only window in our bathroom so that's not saying much. Ben on the other hand notices every detail, every flaw of the build. With his eye tuned for perfection, it's good news for his current plastic surgery patients but a wonder he would have ever chosen me for a mate, but that's a topic I'll take up with my therapist.

So wrong doors, who's to blame? Unfortunately it was Bob's mistake. Which means the garage door company is not going to come exchange them gratis. In fact, it turns out that reparation comes at the price of nearly $2000. The cost of new doors. Bob says just say the word and he will take the hit and get us new doors. I think they are kinda nice. Ben hates them. Neither one of us wants Bob to have to shell out that kind of money, even if it was a dumb mistake that probably wouldn't have occurred had he not been all-consumed with finishing up his son's house.

I say WWJD?

10 comments:

Ben said...

She says WWJD. I say WWJBD. That is "What would Jack Bauer do?" for you non-religious folk.

Answer: Break both of Bob's thumbs and get him to squeal on who he is REALLY working for and where the first nuke will be detonated.

amy Woolace said...

Just going on a hunch...I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't care what the garage doors looked like. Just happy that they fit, created warmth, and were operable. :)

Tarah said...

Speaking of Jack Bauer, when are they gonna design a Ford Explorer that is a Jack Bauer edition?

Tarah said...

By the way, I think the garage doors are great!

Tarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

That's a tough one. I say if it's something that is really going to bother you forever, then get it fixed. That's just part of the business. But I think they look great too. Which ones did you originally want?

TOVAR said...

Smart of Bob. He has a pretty good chance of get you to really decide that he should fix it. It's against human nature to be that "demanding". I would say that he should fix it if it really isn't the doors you like. I am more then positive Bob can figure out how to re-sell or re-use those doors.

Kimi said...

Remember how much $$$ u have already put out - it wasn't your fault. When you are spending thousands and thousands of dollars it is not a time to settle on something just to be nice. Come on Lynn - stand your ground! There is nothing wrong asking for what you paid for. Request the RIGHT doors - those ones are U-G-L-Y anyway. & if bob renigs on his promise just let me know and i'll call up my cousin guido for you Ben :)

Ryan Amber and Family said...

Girl the floors are amazing and I am sure the rest will turn out. even with out the right doors!!

It will all work out soon and you will be cleaning up spilled milk in the kitchen soon enough!
Or singing blissful songs about how much fun you had!
Love ya lots. We are keeping you in our prayers. We miss you!

sara said...

i would have to see what the doors were supposed to look like to make the call. but since you are going to sell the house for sure i might let it go, unless the other doors are fabulous then it's jack bauer time.